Blogs were all the rage in 2007 and I jumped on the bandwagon. I figured I have stuff to say, I'm an illustrator and I take pics on my little digital camera, so why not do a blog? Well this sh*t is hard. Not hard like geometry, but I just don't have the time to update like I should. Damn it's been 2 years from this post to the last one...trifiling!
I like blogs, I spend a good portion of my work day at blogs; Rod 2.0, Pam's House Blend, Pretty On The Outside, SGL Cafe are some of my favorites. I realize I'm not up to do what they do. It takes some real dedication to update on a regular basis...and all of these bloggers have day jobs.
Anyhoo...my web designer Simone did a bang up job on the redesign of Lavenderpop.com so the least I could do is update my postings. Here are a few shots of the 2009 Chicago Gay Pride Parade.
1. I was wondering when I would see my first Lada Gaga impersonator and there she is...she even has a disco stick...go bitch!
2. Illinois Senator Roland Burris. I still think the Blagojevich appointment was tainted, but I give him props for supporting the community.
3. This shot doesn't capture just how far brotha was jumping in those spring boot wachamacallits.
4. I couldn't find my friend Carol James who was marching with the SGI gay Buddhist group, but I did get a pic of Mr. Buddhist Hotness.
5. My friend Israel's cute pug.